Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Thoughts on Season 15 Episode 1: HUMANCENTiPAD

Intro Blah

Well, season 15 is as good a time as ever to start a South Park blog. It's a fun time to do it too since their current contract extends them to 2013, or season 17. I was reading an article about Comedy Central where they, a Comedy Central rep, basically acknowledged that without Daily Show and South Park, and Tosh.0 more more, the channel would be squat. With southparkstudios.com the huge success it is and Matt Stone and Trey Parker's Broadway Show, The Book of Mormon, a big hit as well, it will be interesting to see where the show and the creators go in the near future.

Season 13 was a solid season (Kanye West, Butters the pimp, etc.) for me, season 14 was kind of hit or miss (Coon and Friends, the Muhammed episodes, Scrotie McBoogerballs, etc.) but the season ender (Creme Freiche) was solid. So here's to Season 15 being a doozy. HERE HERE *clink* 


**************************
HUMANCENTiPAD Thoughts


 I had high hopes for this episode to be a good zinger and although it wasn't a Scientology-is-funny or a Mormonism-is-wack, it was a good time. Just gross. If anything, the one thing I got out of watching this episode is that it reminded me that The Human Centipede is available on Netflix. It's supposed to be a bad film but a really gross bad film. I think they could have done more fun things with Apple and Steve Jobs, I'm not sure if the whole thing with Apple agreements is based off something, but I like their portrayal of Apple Geniuses as guys named Lesley. The whole iPad connecting with humans is an interesting idea even if it was done out of humor. Because humans are the most superior computer, as of yet. I wasn't all that into the whole Cartman yelling, "Why don't you just go fuck me now Mom?!" for not buying him an iPad and offering to buy him a Toshiba pad for half the price of an iPad. Although I'm pretty sure I'll be referencing it soon enough.

Which leads me to thinking this episode won't go into the "Clunkers" section because if South Park's good at anything, it's getting guys to say the catch-phrases on the South Park episodes. Anyways, I'm glad they're laying off Butters. I feel like they've been leaning on him a lot to keep them going.
*********************************************************************************

So come back before next week's episode for a "Looking Back" special. Not sure which one i'll do but I think I'll ask some of my nerdy friends to give comments on them or something. If you have any ideas or comments email me at bhatta23@msu.edu  I appreciate the input

Links of interest:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/why-south-parks-trey-parker-171189

No comments:

Post a Comment