Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Thoughts on Season 15 Episode 3: Royal Pudding

Intro Blah

I recently finished reading the last book in the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. The final chapter concludes with an open-ending and then there's an author's note. In it King asks the readers not to be upset that the ending is an open-ender because the true reason to read the books should be for the journey, not just for how it ends. I was thinking about this because while I was watching episode 2 last week I realized I missed the adventure South Park episodes. You know, where the boys get obsessed with Lord of the Rings; where the boys join the Super Fun Club to save that one black guy who was on the show; where the boys go to Canada to save Ike and Christmas.

The episodes that are all about the message at the end (i.e. Funny Bot) are all good fun but nothing beats a good journey where you get reacquainted with your favorite characters and their flaws and passions. A heartedly-welcomed episode, nah mean?



*********************************************
Royal Pudding


Did you know Royal Pudding is a real brand of pudding? Hmm. Anyway, who smelled a Royal Wedding episode a mile before it aired today? I DID! Woop woop. Which brings me to a quick segway, I'm planning a post to talk about what topics I think will be coming up in the rest of the season. Do any of y'all have any predictions? Please comment!

Hooray for Ike coming back. Bro, I love Ike. The whole, "I pooped my pants!" He used to do? Awesome. I usually don't like it when he actually talks but this episode wasn't too bad. And they brought back all our favorite Candians, Scott The Dick and Ugly Bob...I guess that's pretty much it but South Park making fun of Canada is awesome-adian. I'd be lying if my current lesser view of Canada isn't at least 65% because of South Park. The show always has them talking differently and just being so oblivious it's hilarious. And they love random things like Craft Dinners. My favorite line in this season so far is when the Prime Minister summons all the Candians to the field where there's a giant bowl of Craft macaroni to attract Giant Scott the Dick and when he comes he says, "Fee Fye Fo Fum, I love Craft dinner". I was actually hoping this episode would be a Mario-spoof. In the royal wedding spoofs ("and this certainly is not part of tradition) they showed the Nova Scotian "toad-people" as Toad characters from the Mario games. And then the Tooth Decay monster kind of looked like a giant Bowser. But alas, it twas naught but a quick reference.

The other part of the episode was the whole deal about tooth decay. Mr. Mackey was directing a children's play of the importance of fighting tooth decay and he takes it really seriously. He starts swearing and shouting at the kids. I don't know if this is a reference to anything but I thought it was funny. I remember when I was a wee-lad in the school plays and the director-moms would be taking the whole thing way too seriously. It was HI-larious then and it's HI-larious now. I think the general thing with South Park episodes is making fun of adults who take things way too seriously. Which describes anyone involved in theater at all, nah mean?

*************************

So I hope you agree with me when I say the journey of this episode was A-WE-some. It's been a while since we went to Canada for anything but farts or queefs. But we went there, came back, and now we all feel cleaner because of it. And, as always, I'm not your buddy

By the way, to this day, whenever I'm introduced to a Scott I always respond with "That's Scott, he's a dick." Never gets old! Or maybe it does

No comments:

Post a Comment